I’m a girl from Vancouver who thought the username ‘Astrorice’ was a great idea when I was 12. I like critical thinking, fashion, film, photography, music, writing, travelling, and making bad jokes. I try to combine the above into a social media presence that is both interesting and visually appealing.
Some semi-notable things I’ve done (if you’re trying to get a feel for me/my work):
- Slut Shaming and Why It’s Wrong (2011)
13 year old me made a feminist rant video and it went viral despite its INCREDIBLE, WELL-DONE editing. I wouldn’t say that I’m proud of this, exactly, but it’s probably the thing I’m best known for… I’m 20 and already a has-been.
- Interview w/ Anderson Cooper (2012)
Got flown out to NYC to be featured on Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show.
- Interview w/ Miss Magazine Online (2012)
Was featured alongside Anita Sarkeesian and Ritchard Ludlow in this interview for Miss Magazine’s blog.
- On Tumblr’s Romanticization of Depression (2013)
My perspective on ‘soft grunge’ as someone who has experienced depression.
- Show Week (2016)
A film love letter to high school theatre.
- How to Solve Your Identity Crisis in 3 Easy Steps (2016)
My most recent short film.
- Thoughts on Life, After the Death of my Father (2017)
An essay about life, love, and loss that I read aloud.
- Atlas and the Sky, or Wedding Rings Like Shackles (2018)
An essay about my experience surviving and recovering from emotional abuse.
- Singing/Songwriting (Ongoing)
I occasionally sing and songwrite under the name Sadhype, this page has all my songs and lyrics.